Friday, June 15, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

I am 1 day away from leaving to Vegas to play in my first World Series of Poker event. I will be playing in the $1,500 Buyin Razz event starting at 5pm PT on Sunday, June 17th. They expect a field of close to 500 players, which will make it the biggest live Razz tournament in history. The winner walks away with coveted gold bracelet, oh, and about $200,000. To make it in the money, one must finish in the top 54 or so to cash in at least $3K.

I shall be back with my first update/chip count on Sunday at around 7PM PT.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Serge ... my horse. All my hopes and dreams rely on your poker skills ( don't know if that is a good thing ). I wish you good luck, hope you play well, and suck out badly on someone at least once.

Unknown said...

A wise man once said a statement so powerful and clever that it could motivate any individual in any situation and I thought it may help you on your conquest for the gold bracelet. If my memory serves me correctly I beleive it went something like this:

"Git-R-Done"

-Larry The Cable Guy

Anonymous said...

Yo dude. My own little tidbit of wisdom fer ya. In 2005 I played the Main Event like a scared kitten. Not wanting to tell the folks back home I was out early left me walking away from hands I would have played on any other day. Hands I possibly would have lost, but most likey would have won. I went into Day 2 with a short stack and was forced to make all in moves in mediocre situations. Ended up getting rivered by a 4 outer to end my tourny but I never should have been in that situation. Play your ass off. Good Luck

maqscheff said...

Friggin' rights Sergio! Givershit!

RayRay said...

WITNESS...to the The Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Grand A

I will settle my wagers while you are gone - bon chance, je me souviens.

Anonymous said...

Tout est possible! Remember to remember everything you know about the game! Bonne chance!
Lou (el père) et Nic